Need alternative to ZoneAlarm for XP

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Birdman, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

What's the best firewall or an XP machine with decent memory that would not use too much resources?

I tried ZoneAlarm and it seems to have made the entire system crawl. I'm looking for an alternative that is light and secure.

Thanks.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Try some and find out for your self. All computer environments are different best thing is to try your self instead of waiting for the fanboy fest this thread will create.

3. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

Yeah, but we can give a couple of examples he could try. Give Comodo firewall a spin.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

Zone Alarm FW is as light as a feather on my laptop. I have the paid version and i really like the latest release. it has fixed a lot of bugs. And they implemented a Phishing toll protectecting from PH Sites . REALLY nice for me

5. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

There is an ongoing Firewall Poll going on in this forum updated ocassionally.
    That would be a good place to start. Onlilne Armor there is a free version. Comodo, Outpost, there is a free version.PcTools Firewall Private Firewall all are used. The most popular is however the Firewall windows includes in all versions of windows by Microsoft.

6. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I say: Comodo or Online Armor.

7. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Something is wrong in your system but if you don't want to find out what is the problem, then i would try Outpost.

8. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Online Armor is the best I've tried.
    And light on system resources, at least with the current release. (4.0.0.35)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.