Need Advice to the expert

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by VoiD, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoiD

VoiD Registered Member

EDIT

Hi im new here

I need help im searching for a program like deepfreeze that can be disabled without rebooting the windows. is there such a program

Timefreeze is like that but the problem is when the windows starts up it has a Timefreeze menu I need it in stealth mode. Any program out there besides Timefreeze?

Thanks guys

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

There's Returnil as well, which uses this forum for product support. Shadow Defender is another option, but with uncertain development.

3. VoiD

VoiD Registered Member

I tried returnil I cant find an option that disables it without booting... is there an option?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't believe so. In fact I don't think there are any that will do what you want. All require a reboot as far as I know.

Pete

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Unless you use something like Sandboxie (which I know isn't the same as full virtualization), I don't know of any either that don't require a reboot.

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Have a look at Clean Slate by Fortres Grand: http://www.fortresgrand.com/products/cls/cls.htm

Quote from the web page: "Quickly disable or enable security, no need to reboot".

7. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

As far as I know the program "Clean Slate" offers you such a possibility. One of its features is:

For details please take a look at their website:
    http://www.fortresgrand.com/products/cls/cls.htm

PS: pegr was a few minutes earlier than me. :D

8. VoiD

VoiD Registered Member

Thank you very much guys :)

I tried using cleanslate and it just reads then nothing happens I dont know why I use Windows 7.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Actually it is quite confusing:

10. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I've just tried Clean Slate myself and I agree it is confusing. Although the security can be enabled and disabled without a reboot, any changes that have occurred while the security is enabled aren't actually discarded until the next log off or reboot. Also, it is useless for testing software that requires a reboot because any changes that occur while the security is enabled are automatically discarded on the next reboot, with no option to temporarily keep the changes.

Unless I'm missing something, I can't see what significant advantage Clean Slate offers over programs like Shadow Defender and Returnil. As far as I can see, the reason Clean Slate doesn't require a reboot to disable the security is because it is tracking changes to the Windows file system and registry, which unlike the disk sector tracking technique used by Shadow Defender and Returnil, doesn't require locking the disk.

11. VoiD

VoiD Registered Member

How I wish that time freeze would have not made an option everytime windows starts up it would show timefreeze running and inform everyone that its there...

12. VoiD

VoiD Registered Member

I tried using cleanslate it worked great disable without rebooting now the problem is if I restart/reload windows cleanslate has no enable at bootup and its still disabled and needs manual enable... :(

13. indigo223

indigo223 Registered Member

Agreed. In some quick tests, I have noticed that it seems that applications are permitted to make changes that persist through sessions while protection is on. It's confusing as to what degree protection is provided. For example, for performance reasons, one may want to prevent the OS from aging through normal operation and use. Does Clean Slate provide this type of protection?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.