need advice on sgard and sblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jreid, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jreid

jreid Registered Member

hello,not sure what im doing wrong,so..need help! i installed both programs(win. xp)sgard detected a home page attack,but when i checked to disallow the hijack,nothing happened, the alert message just recycled 2 or 3 times.in sblaster,i clicked to update and got message"file corrupt or missing,try again". sblaster also started to recycle this message as did sgard.reinstalled both 2 times...no luck. oh yes! almost forgot..sblaster put the 5 data files on my desktop rather than in my dload file folder.please advise what im doing wrong. this all happened on 10-6-03. thank you for these programs. jon

2. jreid

jreid Registered Member

still waiting for advice posted 10-7 4:19

hello again...im waiting for some advice,for an issue that i posted on 10-7 @4:19 pm. appreciate a reply. jon

3. jreid

jreid Registered Member

is anyone thereo_O

im very puzzled why i dont seem to rate a reply to my posts see 10-7 at 4:19. on page 2. this is my third!!!! thanks jreid

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Sorry jreid, sometimes posts do get missed. You are right, we should have addressed this much sooner. Sorry again! :doubt:

As to the posts above, I'm not sure I fully understand all the things that are happening as they don't sound like any typical issues we've seen before. So let's separate the problems, get some more details on each one, and try to resolve them one at a time.

Jointly, all the issues look mostly like installation problems. The first thing I'm wondering is how you installed the programs? The problem with SpywareBlaster delivering it's updates to the desktop really points perhaps having installed SpywareBlaster itself on to the desktop rather than into the default "x:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\" folder.

Perhaps the place to start is to disable and uninstall both programs. Reboot. Run the install for only SpywareBlaster and let it place the files in the default location. Run SpywareBlaster, check for updates and see what it does.

It might also be good for us to see your general system configuration information. A HijackThis log might provide enough general information to give us some ideas on how you are set up.

Basically, we need a lot more information to help with this, so let's start with the steps above and see where that leads.

5. jreid

jreid Registered Member

thanks!!! when i downloaded sblaster and sguard, i did not reboot...is that possibly part of the problem?? it will take a few days to do what you suggested. thanks very much jreid

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It could be. That could all be a part of install related problems. Let's take the step by step approach outlined above, trying just a clean SpywareBlaster install first and see where that brings us. Thanks!

7. jreid

jreid Registered Member

hello group and lowwatermark..i wish to apologize for not sending a reply in a timely manner..the pc involved is actually my sons..hes been out of town and has decided that the only spyware program he wants is spybot. so,we wont be installing sguard or sblaster.i want to thank you for your advice,help and patience with me on this matter!yours truly jreid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.