Need a lil help with my norton ghost

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by YODA, Aug 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YODA

YODA Registered Member

hey guys,

I'm trying to connect two pcs together with USB A to A, can't get it to connect. Do you really need the USB that symantecs list, or will my USB A to A connection work. Do i need software to get it connecting, or is the two computers connected once the usb is in? Can't find symantecs support site either, the part where u can post message o_O

YODA

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi YOD@! I can't believe there have been no responses yet! I'd love to answer but I've never done that before, nor used Norton Ghost. I'll check around some other sites I know. Of course, it is a weekend and Wilders is usually pretty quiet. Busy people. Give 'em a couple days at least. Hang in there! ;)

Note: It might help matters if you post the OS's and specs of the two computers you are trying to connect.

3. YODA

YODA Registered Member

Laptop: 433mhz, about 4.5 gb, windows 98se,192mb ram
    Desktop:750mhz, about 30gb, windows 98se, 256mb ram, sony 32x10x40, norton ghost 2002

Will be burning contents of laptop to CD, heh... :D then unloading it on a different desktop (475mhz computer)

Prince, i found the symantec support ... posted a message to them; I hope all this can work lol

YODA

4. snowy

snowy Guest

Yoda

would offer to help if I could..but can't.....have never tryed what you are doing.

snowman

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Yoda,

I'm afraid that I too cannot help you very much here.

I'm not quite sure whether it is a hardware or a software problem, but you could try to ask your question on the DSLR Software forum:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/sware

6. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

First of all;

Did you create standard boot disks with the option of USB support?

Technodrome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.