Need a good FTP client!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dcrowe0050, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Hey everyone I am looking for a decent FTP client, I have used FireFTP extension for firefox, and FileZilla and a couple more but this is for a clients computer and while she can use a computer effectively and is not a total noob she wants something simple. l let her fool around with Fire-FTP and FileZilla and she hates Filezilla. She does like FireFTP but she will not use Firefox, so I am looking for something simple, small and whatever everyone can recommend will be appreciated. Thanks

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Hmmmmm - i use Filezilla almost daily and it doesn't get much easier or simpler than that. How bout introducing her to a free download manager which also includes ftp - http://www.freedownloadmanager.org

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I am a long time SmartFTP user. It is great but not free. You can drag and drop files anywhere and the transfer queue will resume an interrupted transfer automatically.
    http://www.smartftp.com/

4. denniz

denniz Registered Member

SmartFTP rocks! :)

I never really liked FileZilla, it always gave me speed (download/upload) related problems.

5. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

I am not a big fan of filezilla either and no more that I use FTP, FireFTP does great and is an extension to firefox and to me that makes it much easier. She will probably pay for Smart FTP, I only asked for free recommendations because I thought their would be plenty of good free apps around but there is not much. Anyway I will tell her to buy SmartFTP and see what she says. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.