Need a good FTP client!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dcrowe0050, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Hey everyone I am looking for a decent FTP client, I have used FireFTP extension for firefox, and FileZilla and a couple more but this is for a clients computer and while she can use a computer effectively and is not a total noob she wants something simple. l let her fool around with Fire-FTP and FileZilla and she hates Filezilla. She does like FireFTP but she will not use Firefox, so I am looking for something simple, small and whatever everyone can recommend will be appreciated. Thanks

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Hmmmmm - i use Filezilla almost daily and it doesn't get much easier or simpler than that. How bout introducing her to a free download manager which also includes ftp - http://www.freedownloadmanager.org

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I am a long time SmartFTP user. It is great but not free. You can drag and drop files anywhere and the transfer queue will resume an interrupted transfer automatically.
    http://www.smartftp.com/

4. denniz

denniz Registered Member

SmartFTP rocks! :)

I never really liked FileZilla, it always gave me speed (download/upload) related problems.

5. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

I am not a big fan of filezilla either and no more that I use FTP, FireFTP does great and is an extension to firefox and to me that makes it much easier. She will probably pay for Smart FTP, I only asked for free recommendations because I thought their would be plenty of good free apps around but there is not much. Anyway I will tell her to buy SmartFTP and see what she says. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.