Need a concise strategy!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rsmigel, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsmigel

rsmigel Registered Member

It appears that there are so many ways to configure this program that after reading about one hundred posts, now I'm a bit confused.

What is the most straightforward strategy for setting up the program for a decent backup? I'd like at least one fairly recent copy of my entire disk plus a daily backup of a few dozen data files.

Thanks in advance!

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Make 1 incremental Job just 1 (schedule it daily) (Write the image do WEEK1 folder)

and schedule once a week(for example a saterday) this script 30 minutes in front of your backup.

Here is the script please edit it as you like it:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

From what you’ve provided:
    Set up one FULL disk backup task to run once a week and another scheduled task to run everyday backing up your selected files/folders.

4. rsmigel

rsmigel Registered Member

Thanks!

Do you recommend doing a full or incremental daily backup of the "selected files/folders"?

I'm currently running daily incremental backups but don't fully understand the file system that is being created. I have now 20 "Data Filesxx" files that each, when expanded, shows the incremental backup created on each day since the original data backup. Would I only need to continue to save the most recent file, as earlier files are copied within the most recent "Data Filexx"?

5. TheWeaz

What you decide on depends on how far back you might ever want to go.
    You could set up 7 FULL scheduled tasks (not as hard as it sounds), one for each day and each with a unique name (something clever like MonFiles, TueFiles). Then you would be able to go back a week if needed. Each day the task for that day would overwrite the file from the previous week, so at most you would only have 7 files total.

6. TheWeaz

"Would I only need to continue to save the most recent file, as earlier files are copied within the most recent "Data Filexx"?"

No, you need all the INC files in the set. TI knows it's a set and will show you everything in the set, not just what's in the file you selected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.