Necessity of Using Limited Accounts

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by STV0726, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Yup, use the limited account you already have. Install SuRun in the admin account, then in the configuration there's a tab for SuRunners group. Here, just add your limited account to the SuRunners. Make sure not to add your admin account by mistake.

One thing about passwords, though. In the tutorial it stresses the importance of password-protecting the accounts. This is a good idea if other people have access to the computer. If you are the only one that uses it, however, it's actually safer to not have a password for the admin account. You can't remotely login to an account that has no password (at least not without a lot of effort). To login to the admin account you have to be physically at the computer. This is according to Aaron Margosis, an MS employee with an interesting blog on LUA.

2. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

I'm running an SRP LUA now for days and a few error msgs here and there but so far nothing has stopped me from doing anything and I'm not even using SuRun yet.

I might be good to go as is. I don't use a whole lot of software.

All my file are on my admin accnt tho, so I still log over there to do video editing and stuff, but that requires no internet usage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.