Near 100% anonymity? Best methods to maximize anonymity?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by HighFive090, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Here is a very simple rule of thumb: if you're looking for high anonymity, you can immediately avoid everything that is not either OpenVPN or IPSec VPN. That means no cgi proxy, no web proxy, no http proxy, no ssh tunnel, no socks proxy, no PPTP, no L2TP-only, no pseudovpn/dll injection (anonymizer etc). OpenVPN and IPSec VPN do not guarantee or warrant anonymity at all, but all other methods of connection ensure that you are open to common leaks and side-channel attacks, thus zero anonymity. Also, any software/service that does port-forwarding, should be avoided.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. betaman

betaman Registered Member

Hi Steve, what do you think about Tenebril GhostSurf?
    How does it work, and is it a secure VPN?

3. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

what do you think he will say he will say only xerobank/kriptohippie is the way to go i cant remember him saying on here or his forum that any vpn provider other than the 2 i mentioned is any good his answers allways leads back to his services

if the bloke spent as much time on his own forums he might be able to solve his email problems his users have been suffering from a while acording to them they are not even exiting from the right country not very good from the professor of anonymity

4. Sheldon7

Sheldon7 Registered Member

You sound pretty jaded. I've only had great experiences to date.

5. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

I agree. Of course Steve pushes Xerobank quite at bit, he works for them. But if you read what he says about why it's the best out there, all his arguments are true.

I've been a Xerobank customer for awhile now, and I've been very happy with them. Ok other than the fact that there's no file storage service yet (When is this going to be ready Steve?) , and I'm still waiting to buy a Cryptorouter.

6. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

If I remember correctly, ghostsurf is not a vpn, it works by dll injection to capture your port 80 web traffic only. I could be entirely wrong. What Kyle has been begging to do is start up an anonymity reviewing site to show people the facts and use the deanonymizer to test the strength and weakness of these services. I'm inclined to agree: why? because if I say something and it casts doubt on another service, people will think I'm shilling, regardless if I am right or wrong. I know I'm right, but I would like people to have facts and details so they can decide for themselves.

have you been on the forum? i don't think there is a single unresolved issue. btw, our support ticket response time is now < 10 minutes on average :D

It just kills me that i don't get to control what projects are highest priority. As soon as unlimited transfer and upgrading the network capacity was mentioned it went right to the top of the list, prior to that DNS anti-leak tech took priority, and now the new browser development is warming up. I'm going to inquire about the status of storage project. The storage system exists in 2 forms i think, one of them is very secure but very very expensive to maintain, whereas most people want internet drives. Anyway, you can get a cryptorouter right now from Kyle if you contact him directly since they are his baby :)

7. caspian

caspian Registered Member

It's a US company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.