NAV 2006

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Howard Kaikow, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Lodore,

Decisions, decisions, decisions.:D :D :D

Jerry

2. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I have been running NIS 2006 now since late December and so far I can say I have been pretty pleased with it and how it runs. It does not seem to use as much resources as the pre 2005 releases did but it is not truly light either. I think it runs best on the newer hardware and lots of Ram. As for protection on my system,Ihave not had a single infection so far so I feel pretty confident it is doing its job ok for me. Its actually funny thatbefore I bought the NIS 2006 package I was running Avast! Pro which used to run quite well but afterone of the program updates last year it started bogging my system down like I had never seen before. I could never resolve it and switched to NIS. The same exact machine running the entire NIS suite ran much faster than Avast! did. Anyway, I still like Avast! and think I will mostlikely give it a try againin the near future but I will run this NIS suite till the expire date which is in another year before I switch again.

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

good point i would make sure i would use good antivirus software like the ones in my sig. i will keep bitdefender 10 in there as long as they fix the bugs...

5. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

You ought to try out the new NIS/NAV 2007. If you have a valid NIS/NAV 2005/2006 subscription, the upgrade is free for the rest of the time left on your subscription. Check out the reviews http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16555137~mode=flat

10-15MB of memory total !!! I was very surprised with the Beta. However the Beta is over, they should be releasing soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.