NAV 2006 Home Edition LU update from 3.0.0.16 to 3.0.0.171

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Wills, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I don't know if anyone will have experience with the home edition of NAV 2006 here.
    But here goes, I am desperate and have posted almost everywhere.
    In august $ymantec did a Live Update change from 3.0.0.16 to 3.0.0.171 and my notebook was in the warranty depot of toshiba for last minute work before the warranty expired.

I just really started using it and find myself in trouble. I did a d/l of LU last week and noted 26 items for d/l and install and then checked the next update day and there were still 26 items to d/l which I again did and installed.

I also tried again on the twelth and still the same number . My NAV said virus definitions Nov 12 2006 so it seemed that they were uptodate and yet there continually is 26 sitting there??

I have posted at other forums and there was mention that NAV has permissions on some keys in the Registry, whatever that iso_O

I have tried to update the LU by this Lusetup.exe which is from the Symantec site and it seems to work and then all of a sudden I get a
    Error message: to the effect....."You need to have write access to the Registry to install LU." I am the User with Administrative rights. The only user of my work notebook.
    I am off on R & R right now and can't call into the office or I will get reported to management for not following doctors orders, I am an accountant that works 12 hr days.

Members of other forums say that the Norton Clean tool and a Reg Cleaner will not resolve the total removal as keys are imbedded in the Registry that also are Permission keyso_O
    One member said that he removed the program via the above sentence and got himself in more of a mess b/c of fragments still in the Registry.

Does anyone have experience with this, as I am desperate and wondering if my notebook is updated correctly.

I would appreciate all comments, thankyou.

BTW, on this page that suggests printing, it lists out what the prerequisites are for updating:
    1. Cannot fix under 5.5. IE and I am IE 6 so I am fine there.
    2. Security settings that allow Activex Controls and Java scripto_O? Well I am a rather Noob and don't know what settings are referred to here.
    3. Windows xp, sp2 well that is what I have here.
    4. 32 mb memory or higher and i have that

All i am uncertain about is item 2 above.

Are there any NAV 2006 Home Edition users out there?? Any ideas to help me??

After 2 days this is me >>>>:eek:

Best Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.