Native resolution

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hey guys i have 19inchwide screen native resolution 1440x900 thing is i was running it at 1024x768 and have done for yrs even on old monitor...I have new one now graphics card that goes to 1440 now that i've seen the difference sure perhaps not as blury or bold might be the word on 1440 but its to small me eyes are struggling although the text isnt as bold looking . folders etc applications i liked it alot beter at 1024 but i loose my qaulity right pixels and size room like on a webpage ? tried changing DPI too but then icons get all rugged round edges, anyway round this or is it a matter of getting used to it cant believe the designed them like this crazy frustrating now ive seen the difference its anoying me, that or i was running it wrong all along and am blind thanks MD

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Maddawgz

I have the higher end Samsung monitors and I don't run any of them at native resolution. I'd need a magnifying glass. Works fine for me.

Pete

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

With this 22 inch samsung and nvidia 8500 256meg GT card I am stuck in 1680 x 1050.

If I change the resolution I lose the sharpness and it seems the like there's no drivers installed for the video card.

You could change the size of your icons which is easy to do in Vista by holding the control key and scrolling with the mouse wheel.

Change XP Icon Size

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Display Properties > Appearance > Change the font size or go to Advanced and change font sizes in there.

5. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

You can also change the print size of a webpage by holding control and scrolling with the mouse wheel.

Or holding ctrl and tapping + or - on the right side numbers pad.

6. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

well im back running at 1024 on native reso of 1444, things are just to small at native, on vista drats! I don remember having this problem with xp unless Xp was a diff formatt i duno.... I'ts not so much just browsing i can use add ons for that, its your applictions like spybot has tiny writing evertyhing is just to tiny how silly. Ive tried every angle DPI , reso all of them, Im uninstalling my Nvidia drivers and re-enstalling might help thanks MD :rolleyes:

edit
    what should i have screen refresh rate set at 60 or 70 or 75
    Adapter says Nvidia Gforce 7600GS Microsoft WDDM ......I'm not going to bother downloading graphics from Nvidia site as i looked in device manager seems its there, no idea about that stuff

http://i8.tinypic.com/6cy5aok.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  7. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

When I went from a 17" CRT ( 1024x768 ) to a 19" FP ( 1280x1024 ) I had a time reading my screen. 1024x768 looks too big so I came up with another solution. I bought 2x reading glasses that I only wear when I am on the computer, lol.

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.