Naming image file when backing up to tape

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by halliekat, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halliekat

halliekat Guest

We have a remote server with a tape drive. The storage server component is installed on the server, but when I go to create an image and choose to save it to the tape, I cannot choose a file name for the image. The File name line is automatically filled in with bsp://servername.domain.com/\\.\tape0 and nothing can be added to it. Do we not get a choice of file name when backing up images to tape? Or does it have to be in a certain format? I tried adding /filename, /filename.tib, \filename, and \filename.tib but it will not accept any of these.

Also, is there any way to clear a tape through Acronis?

Thanks!
    Hallie Kat

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hallie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

You don't need to indicate the file name when you back up to the tape drive using Acronis Storage Server. If you choose to create the full image the tape drive will be formatted automatically.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Sir_Acronis

Sir_Acronis Guest

Sure it will auto format the tape if it is a blank tape. If the tape contains data then Acronis Server diplays a prompt requiring user input to clear the tape. This is a bad "feature" when automating the imaging to tape process.

Is there a way to clear a non-blank tape (tape with existing data)?

4. Sir_Acronis

Sir_Acronis Guest

Sure it will auto format the tape if it is a blank tape. If the tape contains data then Acronis Server diplays a prompt requiring user input to clear the tape. This is a bad "feature" when automating the imaging to tape process.

Is there a way to clear a non-blank tape (tape with an full image)? I would like to overwrite the contents of the tape.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sir_Acronis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

As far as I know the latest builds of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows (937) and Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 (115:cool: contain the improved scheduler that asks you whether you want to be asked to overwrite the tape or you want this tape to be overwritted automatically.

Please let me know if the problem still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.