nag screen

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by jimg, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimg

jimg Registered Member

After using AppDefend for several months, I determined that I actually liked it and purchased it through the website. I entered the registration code and now have a single person license version. I'm using version 1.10 (beta).
    The only problem is that I still get the nag screen on bootup. One of the main reasons I paid for it was to get rid of the nag screen. How do I fix this?

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I think the nag screen relates to regdefend which is included in the appdefend install.

3. jimg

jimg Registered Member

Ok, I like and paid for AppDefend. I do not want nor do I use RegDefend, I have it disabled. How do I get rid of the nag screen?

4. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Pay for RegDef. The only way! :thumbd:

5. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Easy Man,

Regdefend is a very good app. You can take it or leave it - but respect other people's efforts. :thumb:

6. jimg

jimg Registered Member

Ok, now I'm sorry I paid for AppDefend if I'm going to get nagged anyway.

7. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

This is just a particularly funny idea of the software developer. Or an impertinence! :thumbd:

8. jimg

jimg Registered Member

I've read this sentence a dozen times, and I don't understand what you are saying. I really like AppDefend, but I still wouldn't pay for a program that continually nags me.

9. topmoxie

topmoxie Registered Member

I beleive the developer should have the apps separated so if a person wants one he can have it without the nag screen
    The developer also should respect his following

10. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

It has been changed in the latest versions already, so it is only like that in the current stable release. It will be such that if you decide to use the free version of RD, there will be RegDefend nags, if you disable RD completely, no nags. And vice versa.

11. jimg

jimg Registered Member

Ok, I've been using the beta release. I'll try the normal release.
    later---
    The only file I can find is the beta release. I'll try it again, but I don't expect any different outcome. I'll let you know.

12. jimg

jimg Registered Member

Nope. It threw up the nag screen again. Here's a screen shot.

Also, I tried doing an update. It download stuff, but gssupdater.exe loaded itself in memory and then just sat there, no update. I tried it several times with the same results. Many reboots and whatever else I could think of.

Attached Files:

• ghst.gif
      ghst.gif
      File size:
      91.7 KB
      Views:
  13. jimg

jimg Registered Member

Ok, I got the update to run by running gssupdater manually. Still the same nag screen however.

Later...

I deleted everything and tried the alpha version. I must have rebooted at least a dozen times, but every time it ask me multiple questions about allowing keys. Even though I said allow always. There doesn't seem to be any way to disable regdefend even though it says it is disabled. Erasing everything and restoring from back before today.

You did mean for me to install a non-beta version, right? Could you provide a link please?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  14. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

No, you can run the alpha if you want, however be aware it has some issues (like RegDefend not remembering your actions, view the alpha thread for more info). I was just saying that the issue you are mentioning is fixed in the latest versions, whether or not you will want to use them at this stage is up to you.

15. jimg

jimg Registered Member

But I am trying to use the latest versions. I downloaded and installed the beta version two days ago and you see the results above. Is there something I'm doing wrong?? AppDefend clearly says Single Personal License, and RegDefend says Disabled, and I still get the nag screen every time I boot up. Is there something else I have to set? Is the download on your site not the correct one?

16. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

17. jimg

jimg Registered Member

18. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

The current Ghost Security Suite [Beta] v1.110 (the version you have installed & tried) will still have the nag screen.

Only the future version (those after v1.110) , then the nag screen will not appear.

19. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

And the next version of GSS is built using the new "GhostGUI" code, so it's going to be changed substantially.

20. jimg

jimg Registered Member

Ok, Thanks for clearing that up. I anxiously await the next beta version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.