n1.p.returnilvirtualsystem

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Uli9000, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Hi

My copy of RVS 2010 has suddenly started connecting very sporadically to a remote web address n1.p.returnilvirtualsystem and downoading data of some kind. As far as I can tell this is a new thing, at least connecting this much.

Does anyone know what this means and whether I should be worried?

Thanks

Uli

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'm not sure of a change in polling frequency, but it should be fine at least as far as worry it concerned. It's a valid connection.

I assume that it is the RVS messaging/notifications system at work based on the connection locale. The messages cannot be pushed, they need to be pulled down, and that does require a client initiated connection.

Mike should be able to confirm or expand on the details (if I've gotten them incorrect) or whether my inference is incorrect.

Blue

3. Uli9000

Thanks BlueZannetti

I had downloaded an installer that i thought had some malware in it that was affecting RVS2010.

Thanks for the info and peace of mind.

Uli

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Uli,
    The address is for one of our servers involved in the AV update process. For this server, it is to check for the availability of an update. The actual signature file is delivered from a different server so the traffic is kept as smooth as possible.

Mike

5. Uli9000

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to give some idea of the normal frequency of this connection? It seems to be accessing the server rather a lot since I downloaded and installed some software.

Thanks

Uli

6. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Preferences > Communications TAB > Updates > Automatic updates drop down menu.

Mike

7. Uli9000

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.