Mystery File

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by EdBB, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdBB

EdBB Registered Member

Good day:

I found a mysterious folder on my C drive today. It is named e461501210837d39f20438efb4 and contains a folder named "download". In turn, this folder contains a file named dao360.dll._p .
    I scanned it with Wormguard that called it "suspicious" because of the double extension. I scanned it with TDS-3 with no reaction. I scanned it with Panda AV ( completely updated) and no viruses found. Pest Patrol found nothing wrong with it.

Is it possible that this is some debris left over from a recent Microsoft Explorer update?

Should I send it in anyway ?

Ed

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

i think u dun hav to worry bout it... i am sure u recently ran a windows update from ur computer rite??
    and i also hav the same file as u got just the name is changed.. i think its the file where the updated files are kept alongwith installed dlls as i hav this file full of dlls alongwith download folder Ip folder etc... if i am wrong i want anyone to correct me

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi EdBB
    Of course you can send it in submit@diamondcs.com.au just to be extra sure, better safe then sorry.
    I find various dao360* files in program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao and in microsoft office\
    so it might have to do with such an update?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Almost certain this is a genuine windows update file. If your AV / AT do not alert on it I am sure you are safe :)

5. EdBB

EdBB Registered Member

Pilli/Jooske/Subratam:

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear that it's just MS Update leftovers. :)

I shall ignore it.

EdBB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.