Mysterious reboot (Spooky!)

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by helpless_noob, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a bit of a problem. Whenever I try to access our home network, my computer restarts, mysteriously and uncontrollably. I've run Symantec Anti-virus scans, Adaware, and Spybot, and nothing comes up. I've tried reinstalling the network adapter driver and despite all this the problem persists. I strongly suspect the problem revolves around a file known as irsetup.exe, which several google searches have told me is a product of a trojan known as lolok, however none of the other files associated with lolok appear to be on my hard drives. I'd appreciate help. Also, I am an idiot, so if you need to know something to help solve this problem that I didn't mention, just say so.

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

welcome to wilders and yes more info is needed ie what operating system you are using and what type of modem (wireless?) etc. also you may want to start out with a few online scans like trendmicro and also pestpatrol. downloading a trial of webroots spysweeper and ewido may also turn up some items. please let us know how it goes.

3. I can tell you right now that I'm on Windows XP SP2, and that I'm using a wired network that connects through a router to a cable modem. Also, my network device (if that's what you call it) is an onboard feature if my Asus A8N-SLI mobo, and I'm using the latest net driver. I'll get some of those programs you mentioned onto my computer (I'm on someone else's right now) and tell you how that goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.