MySpace Threats

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by C.S.J, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

you have been warned ;)

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

another good reason not to visit my space.:D

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Another good reason to visit my space. Let them try to run on my PC!:p

4. Gizzy

Gizzy Registered Member

poor malware if they do,

I don't go on myspace but another person in my house does (not on my computer) so I better make sure to tell them about this.

thanks C.S.J

5. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

There was a good writeup about this last week. Note that this isn't a remote code execution exploit: the user has to click to install:

http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/index.php/2008/01/14/microsoft-update-not/

If this is the reason, one should probably dispense with using the internet at all. There are more occurrences of Winfixer popups than this bogus profile page. Both entice the user to "fix" the computer.

Or dispense with email, since you may receive something similar at any time. You may remember the bogus MS patches from a few years ago:

So, how do you protect? If an adult, or older teenager with her/his own computer, they should be taught how MS issues patches/updates. It's always from the MS site, never installing an executable in these ways.

If children are using the family computer, the rule should be that only parents install anything. And the computer should be locked down to prevent the kids from installing w/o permission.

This should be a No-threat.

----
    rich

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

My space The one stop shop to get some mailware and read all the weirdo profiles NA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.