Myspace Music Player Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sooflymami, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

When I go to any myspace pages in general with a music player on it, it's not playing..I mean one time it works and the other time when I refresh and listen to it again at that moment, it's not playing anymore. This is happening on any myspace page when I go to. This is even happening right now..it's playing sometimes and when I go to the page again, it's not playing. I have to keep refreshing the page in order to have it play. I went to settings and it's set as auto-play for mine. I noticed this after I was listening to songs on Myspace and all I hit was play button and pause buttons. Then added a certain song. But I got rid of it because I thought that song was causing it. What should I do? Is this a Myspace problem or is it my computer? I been trying to contact their customer service but they never reply.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. sooflymami

But when I go to other sites like youtube and blackplanet, the music plays automatically but not on Myspace. When the Myspace music doesnt auto-play it seems like the browser freezes a bit just that time. But Is there any way how I can make sure if it's not my computer? Is this really Myspace that's having problem with this? Or Should I rewind my computer to a week or two or something or what should I do? I scanned SAS and then deleted tracking cookies and seemed like it got fixed and then after a while this myspace music glitch started again and i dont know if its my computer or if its Myspace. I have a feeling maybe something isn't loading properly or something?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. GlobalForce

1) Details! State the affected browsers including version. 2) Everything work here - http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/?
    3) Dump your cache, then visit a problem page. Do they start with "http://www.myspace.com/" or "http://profile.myspace.com/?"

*Your not alone suspecting "something isn't loading properly." Grab your headphones and compare how your local library handles the transfers.

5. sooflymami

This is happening for both of my browsers (internet explorer and 3.0.8 Firefox). But I use Firefox more..Do I go to tools,options,settings and which boxes am I supposed to have it checked? I have everything checked in the little box under clear private data except for browsing history, offline website data, saved passwords. I already have adobe thing installed in my computer already though. I'm not sure if this is Myspace problem or not.. and yes it starts with www.myspace.com/...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  6. GlobalForce

If not a problem dump it all. @ the moment I've got two thoughts provided it's not their servers that are tak'in a beat'in, one @ a time. Visit aboard FF, plugins, Java and Java script disabled. Surf a few pages then report back. Besides continuing to prod through relevant data, I've got a plugin you can sample should the issue (most likely) persist.

7. sooflymami

I went to Firefox and then went to private data and checked all the boxes and then cleared them all, and then went to Myspace pages and I'm still having the same problem..the music isn't playing automatically at times. And Java and Java script disabled didnt work either..those wont let youtube play if I disable them. The music plays on another site like blackplanet, if it's only happening on Myspace and not blackplanet, could it be Myspace? For example pages like here doesn't play automatically every time when I view the page http://www.myspace.com/justintimberlake but it plays on blackplanet for example this page http://www.blackplanet.com/music/view/artist.html?owner_user_id=55245243

Do you think it might be caused by a virus/spyware for the songs on Myspace doesnt play it automatically and freezes the browser that I'm using when I'm on Myspace for few seconds when it's not playing? What if someone downloads a music on limewire for example and if that person got an infected file and uploaded it on myspace, would someone who listened to it get infected from Myspace music section? I'm not sure if I got an infection or something from listening to music from that site.
    Also I just noticed even if I click on the song(when it doesnt auto-play) it doesn't play at times.

I know that it's not a browser problem because this is happening the same thing on other one too..not just FF.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  8. GlobalForce

Your concern about infected media is certainly a valid one, but I'd speculate not @ the heart of page load. Here, read these few links that follow, they're short and explain much about the nature of the beast. *And hang in there, there's only so much hobby time I'm allowed to allocate.

Why is Myspace so irritatingly slow to load pages - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080604214645AAEpcTp

Slow profile loading with lots of apps - http://developer.myspace.com/Community/forums/p/1548/6780.aspx

Interesting (referring to OpenDNS) but questionable (as far as effectiveness):

Myspace doesnt work, myspace wont load, can't hear music on myspace!

If (and I take it is) your objective to understand the "zen" of MySpace, then this one'll be well worth your time:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/26/myspace-speed-facebook-tech-intel-cx_df_0227myspace.html

All this said - have you taken _oogles "Chrome" browser for a spin on their site?

9. sooflymami

Myspace pages isn't loading slow for mine. I'm only having problems with the music player because at times it's not playing. How can I find out if it's my computer or if it's the site that's causing this issue? Do u think I still shouldn't restore my computer or rewind to a previous date since this is happening?

10. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Is it the comp or myspace?

11. sooflymami

Earlier, when I was trying to download Ad-block plus for my FF, it kept saying failed(same message popped up last night too) when i was trying to install that. do you think that's a part of a reason and it might be related to Myspace music player glitch or no?

12. GlobalForce

You've got plenty else on the table here. I'll be patient till they're wrapped up.

13. sooflymami

Hey I found out what is causing it. When I go to the Myspace page with music player, below the browser it says "Transferring data from akafmsmyspace.myspacecdn.com or something but that's not supposed to say "akafmsmyspace.myspacecdn.com" because everytime when it says that, the music doesn't work and when i go back, it says "Transferring data from "musicservices.myspacecdn.com" it works when it says that. How can I stop that other file name so it will transfer data from "musicservices.myspacecdn.com" everytime and not the other one?

CCleaner or what can I do so that it won't transfer data from "akafmsmyspace.myspacecdn.com" ? When it says "musicservices.myspacecdn.com" it works and all of these times the music is working, it says "musicservices.myspacecdn.com".

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  14. GlobalForce

15. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

What scripts would you recommend?

16. sooflymami

that akafmsmyspace.myspacecdn.com showed up for transferring and it worked even though it was loading a little slow earlier and then i just went back again and it didn't work but it's strange that other times it doesn't work and the other time works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.