mysetup ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maggie83, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggie83

maggie83 Guest

Windows Xp Homeaddition with SP2

Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird

McaFee Personal Firewall Plus
    McaFee Virusscan

Process Guard http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

Spybot S+D

Spyware Blaster

Spy subtract with CWshredder

CCleaner

What do you think about my setup on my new PC ?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

:) Hi, I've moved your post to here as it is not a direct PG support question, you may get a better response in this forum.

Thanks Pilli

3. myopinion

myopinion Guest

Hmmm doesn't look too bad. What exactly are you looking for? Confirmation that your set up looks good? Or do you want to know if you need anything else? Because it looks like you have your bases covered pretty well.

There are always other things you can add like an Image program for back up, or perhaps a program like GoBack or DeepFreeze. But then you may never need them.

Maybe you could try a program like Snoopfree, it's a good free anti-keylogger. Ad-aware is always a good program to have and free. I know others will probably recommend a program like RegDefend, but I won't because I'm a freebie king. I would go with one of the many free registry defenders like Registry Watcher, WinPatrol or Tea Timer. Prevx also free has decent registry protection if you need a non-polling reg protector.

4. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

You should be fine with that setup. Much depends on your surfing habits, the value of what's on your computer, the depth of your wallet, and your level of paranoia...

That said, you may wish to consider adding (all free) :

Microsoft AntiSpyware
    Ewido (anti trojan)
    and a Hosts file

The first two you can just use to run a scan every now and then (although MSAS does offer realtime protection if your other AS doesnt).

Something else to consider. A number of people also use PG in combo with either Regdefend or Prevx. I quite like the direction Prevx have gone in with Prevx1. They seem very complimentary protection to each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.