Myprevx problem

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Biscuit, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I'm getting this message when trying to deactivate some machines:
    Any thoughts?

2. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

If you write into support with your license key, we shall be able to investigate and resolve this for you.

If I remember correctly - this error might be related to wanting to deactivate a machine very shortly after activating it.

3. Biscuit

Thanks - but it's not my licence, but a customer's licence. The customer installed Prevx & then Nod... which deleted it.

How long do we have to wait, it's 6 days since the pc I'm trying to deactivate was seen?

4. PrevxWebDesigner

Not sure I'm following the issue?

If reinstalling onto the same PC, then you simply need to re-run the Prevx EXE and re-enter the same license key. You would only need to deactivate within MyPrevx if you're wanting to activate the license on a different or reformatted PC.

Alternatively, ask the customer to click "Help and Support" within Prevx 3.0 and send a short support message. Once we have the license key, then we will be able to immediately override this error.

5. Biscuit

The issue here is that I cannot delete licences using myprevx.com. The error is as listed in my earlier post. You stated that the error occurs if the computer is being deactivated too soon after being installed. My reply was that it was several days later. Can you not just fix the error?

1 computer needs deactivating because Prevx has been uninstalled due to an incompatibility between Prevx & some software running on the pc. The customer wants to install Prevx onto a new computer. 2 other computers have had their computer names changed. I am unable to deactivate any of these computers despite a "last seen" date of 20-June.

The end-user has been troubled enough by this, please just fix the myprevx issue so that I can provide a proper support service to my customer.

6. PrevxWebDesigner

It is something I'll raise with the team, and see if we can get resolved.

However, in your specific case - it is something I could have fixed in an instant had they either contacted support as already advised, or simply emailed you the license key to inform me of :)

7. Biscuit

This is the first time you mentioned the licence key!

8. PrevxWebDesigner

Sure about that? :p

As already stated though, I will raise this with the team to see if we can avoid this error altogether.

9. Biscuit

Thanks for the sarcasm.

"If you write into support with your license key"

I am not at my customer's pc. So you want me to email support? What is the email address?

And yes, you could just fix your error.

10. PrevxWebDesigner

Sorry - I can be a bit innocently cheeky at times, but I guess that doesn't convey very well in the written form :(

As already said, I will raise this with the team and see what we can do to remove this error completely.

To fix their issue in the meantime I gave you 2 possible options:

1.) Get your customer contact us with their license key, either through clicking "Help and Support" from within Prevx 3.0 - or if uninstalled, via our web interface at http://info.prevx.com/service.asp

2.) Get your customer to email you the license key, which you can send to me (via PM here is fine) and I will correct the issue.

Proceed with either of these, and the issue will be resolved asap.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

11. Biscuit

I can confirm that MyPrevx still isn't working correctly.

I have passed your message onto the end user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.