MyPlanetSoft Anti Keylogger

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Pollmaster, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

http://www.myplanetsoft.com/free/antikeylog.php

You need to register to download.

From above it seems to be doing something like what PG's block global hooks does, snoopfree etc. It's portable, so it is very good to use on third party unsecure computers.

2. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

http://www.myplanetsoft.com/free/mokhelp.php

This is similar to using MS's build in virtual keyboard. It does additionally block clipboard hooks

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

Pretty nice if it works as advertised. I always have concerns about using public computers - especially for things like email. I wonder how they are able to block keyloggers that have global hooks without any installation?

Rich

4. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

You don't need any installation to install a hook

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks. Well it will be interesting to here on the feedback. I think this is a very useful tool for those who use public computers - or would like to.

Rich

6. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Personally I doubt even if you use such tools described above and more (xcleaner for example to scan for nasties, run your own browser via your thumbdrive etc etc) , it would be enough. The bad guys own the computer, they will always have the advantage.

I do use webemail, log on forums on public computers, but those are all low value transactions. I certainly wouldnt carry out finanical transactions on public computers.

7. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Even webmail is a bit of a problem for me, since a keylogger would be able to capture my webmail user and password id. If this product eliminates that possibility, it would certainly provide a level of security. Sometimes I wonder whether the public computers use products like DeepFreeze to keep their computers clean. It would make sense.

Rich

8. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Pretty nifty.

Agreed here.

I and a few others did a survey a while back and found quite a number of public places (in addition to schools) where the computers had Deep Freeze installed. In one library, patrons are asked to reboot the computer after use. If a a library worker sees an unattended computer without the "Welcome" screen showing, she/he reboots the computer. Two places have also installed Deep Freeze's companion program, Anti-Executable, which prevents patrons from downloading/installing anything, or running a program from a CD.

Still Pollmaster's precaution would be in order, I would think.

-rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.