myNetMon

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

looking at the screenshot this looks to be a very nice packet sniffer. the review isnt so good though, it says it is adware and it DID detect packets going to prisoner.iana.ro which I am assuming are comming from this application as they went away upon removal of the app.

although that review isnt too good, and i couldnt find any others, it has got good scores on other sites, so i'd like to see other reviews before i make up my mind for sure

has anyone tried it? can you recommend it? thanks

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/myNetMon/1099947188/1

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Ron :) there's something like that at pest patrol too. however, i think those reviews are if you manage to find it somewhere on your network and you didn't put it there. so if i have it monitoring my network activity it should be OK.

im not 100% sure, but i think that's a different myNetMon which is/was shareware. the one above is freeware, and i think fairly new (the eTrust review mentions November, 2002.) but, the review would be applicable to this version too as they're both sniffers. networks is the subject i like best, that's why i'd like to try this sniffer. i wouldn't be putting on any hubs or anything remotely like that, just on my connexion :)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Okay ice. Small detour. Carry on!! :D

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it looks like most network tools can be used for hackering, because of the nature of networks, which isnt something i like. i just dont use them for that. i have learned alot in the past few months by playing around with them and reading tutorials, articles, rfc's etc. it's something i think we should all be doing. i find the whole subject fascinating :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.