My wish list for a new Acronis backup product!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zoril, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoril

zoril Registered Member

I would love an additional backup ability to compliment ATI - to act as a second line of defence. I am always worried about being 100% dependant on any one product in case something should happen to corrupt images etc and I was unable to restore the complete backup...

Something like an improved Microsoft System Restore, working on the same principles would be excellent, as long as it complimented ATI. I for one would certainly buy such a product.

True there are a few Companies selling this type of software, but I am worried about compatability issues with ATI, which would not be the case if Acronis produced it.

Howard

2. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

Sounds like you might want to look into First Defense-ISR by Raxco (www.raxco.com). It's like MS System Restore on steroids-you can create up to 10 snapshots of your system, create blank snapshots, run multiple operating systems, etc.

Check it out, they have a forum here at Wilders too..

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Cheers,

David

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

One thing that is immediately obvious over on that forum is that there are not nearly as many messages as here. I take it as a sign that people who use that program don't have a need to ask questions i.e. don't run into problems with it.

But Zoril, do a Google search for Hard Drive Backup. You might find something suitable.

4. zoril

zoril Registered Member

I wonder if it needs to work with the MBR or not?? The other program I looked at was Rollback but again I am not certain how compatable it is with ATI....I read info on a few programs. The thing is ATI will always be my number one. I don't want another to spoil it. I would love it if Acronis produced a different one though to complement ATI...

...Howard:)

5. peewee

peewee Registered Member

Also please take note as to the age of each forum respectively.

Anyway - who could possibly see through this

certainly not peewee... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2006
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. hexmaniac

hexmaniac Registered Member

ISR is good. I've used it in the past. It provides INSTANTANEOUS recovery from a system failure due to a corrupt windows installation. I used it in tandem with TI8. ISR allows you to 'anchor' folders (i.e. mail, docs, data, etc.) so you don't lose data. Since most windows failures don't involve 'data' folders, you just reboot to a different snapshot and roll on like nothing has happened. However, ISR did (I think the new version allows you to move it to another drive) store the 'snapshots' on the primary drive, leaving you susceptable to a primary drive failure. It also inflates the image size tremendously based on the number of snapshots you store. It also took a couple of hours to build a 10GB snapshot (it might be quicker on my new system). I don't have it installed on my new PC for that reason. That and TI restores only take 6 - 8 minutes now instead of 60.

Ron

8. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

First DEfense will not work for multiple OS systems, unless everything is on a single hard drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.