my start menu icons keep dissapearing

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

how do i stop thiso_O its annoying

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi cheater87

Some more info on operating system, etc may be of use.

Do you mean the 'System Tray' Icons showin the programs which are already running? [lower right of screen]

What programs are running, in background. WormGuard [protection installed] has ben known to cause SysTray Icons to disappear every now and thn, stopping the service and restarting usually brings them back, but if you are online at the time, and your Firewall one disappears, I would NOT stop that service until offline or reboot.

Now, even though the Icons may have disappeared, check with Task Manager and look for the services. They shuld still be runnning.

I usually have SpywareGuard drop out occasionally, and simply stop the main service and then restart.

TASSIe..

Attached Files:

3. Trekk

Trekk Registered Member

They have also been known to disappear after a Windows System error. For example; you experience an application hang that requires a Ctrl-Alt-Delete...when the task finally ends the screen refreshes and the taskbar icons are gone. This can be fixed with a simple reboot.

Trekk

4. BeAuTiFuL MiSs

BeAuTiFuL MiSs Registered Member

Sorry brother but i can't help you :'(

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i rebooted and some are there some aren't o well i don't really use that thing that much i have the shortcuts on my desktop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.