my Software stay at 4.2.40.10

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Excess, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excess

Excess Registered Member

Hello :)

I'm not from an english-speaking country, so sorry for my bad english and please use easy words :D

I have the marvelous NOD32 Antivirus in the 4.2.40.10 version, but I in ESET's website, the version is 4.2.64.12. I don't understand why my software stay at the older version...

(I didn't change updates options)

Thank you ;)

2. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

The automatic update function will not update the program components themselves.

It will however update the signature databases and program modules thus giving you almost the same protection features as the latest program version.

If you want to upgrade your software to the latest version you will have to do so manually:
    • download the latest version from here http://www.eset.eu/download/registered (in the same language as your existing ESET software)
    • install it over your existing software keeping [ x ] use current settings checked
    This will upgrade your installed software to the latest program version while using all your previous settings including username and password.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

4.2.40 compared to 4.2.64 is just bug-fixes and some added integration features for Thunderbird 3.1 and Outlook 2010. If you aren't having problems and don't use that software, there's no pressing reason for you to update.

4. Excess

Excess Registered Member

Ok ok,

Thank you very much, I'll update it manually, because I sometimes have problems with Outlook.

Good Bye ! And long life ton NOD32 ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.