My pc won't chdsk after abnormal shutdown

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bonedriven, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

I think maybe some "optimization" softwares caused this problem.
    I can manually schedule chkdsk to run.That is no problem.
    I googled and entered some commands in the cmd environment.It doesn't seem to work.
    :oops:

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

when you don't shutdown properly the schedule Chkdsk doesn't run as the info to do it is lost.

fix your shutdown issues. probably a certain software stopping it so uninstall a few programs to see.

3. Mister_Al

Mister_Al Registered Member

You should try running chkdsk /r from the windows recovery console.

Alan

4. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

sounds like file corruption. a catch22 if damaged files and shutdown problem. run ChkDsk from a recovery disk such as BartPE.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

A bit Off-Topic but i had to typee this as i can concur with this user's frustration and concern on his issue. I have a partition that DOES HAVE Autochk.exe in the system32 folder but on every boot up i get a error notice on a light blue screen claiming it cannot find it (with the complete path displayed) but at least it moves on and boots up normally anyway.

Windows is one fickle creature sometime, and at times it's like looking for a needle in a haystack to correct these awkward appearing queery misteps.

EASTER

6. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Did a Google. Most responses lead to a missing\corrupt registry entry. Of course the possible problem\cure varies from XP to Vista.
    My opinion is that possibly a security app. is blocking the needed registry entry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.