My partition gone after fixmbr Help please

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by lordamus, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordamus

lordamus Registered Member

Hi.. I`m use both director suite and os selecter then I got mbr error 3 on startups I used acronis fixmbr utility iso to fix this but after I use that utility my second partition named DATA unaccessable!? how can I fix this? lots of important data in it.. I attach director suite screen shot here..

Attached Files:

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

lordamus:

Nasty. It sounds from your description like the fixmbr utility made a change to the partition table that is incorrect. Have you tried using the "Recover Partitions" wizard in Disk Director to see if it can repair the partition table?

By any chance are you a user of Acronis True Image? If so, do you have a recent backup image? If you do, then you should be able to restore the MBR and Track 0 from your last image to recover. Failing that you could restore the entire DATA partition from your last backup.

If you don't have a backup, be careful of making any further changes until you get this figured out. If that's the case, I would contact Acronis customer service http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/company/contacts/request/?t=2 and ask for help. Or maybe someone else here knows of a good utility for doing partition recovery?

3. lordamus

hi k0lo..

Now my lost partition come back itself but another problem disk order changed totally! my second hdd looks like first hdd in the list, and my primary one looks as disk 3 I uninstalled disk director suite and os selector but Bootwiz directory still exist in all partitions? how can I fix disk order to correct state ? I`ve no backup sadly.. I`ve 3 hard disks one in first ide channel and others in RAID IDE channel third hdd is linux and it has grub boot.It seems disk structure etc etc changed something wrong here..

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

I see from looking at your Disk Director screen shot that all three of your disks are bootable. Therefore, your PC BIOS will determine the disk order. You should be able to correct this by entering BIOS Setup and changing the order of the disk drives.

5. lordamus

Bios disk order not changed.. its correct order in bios but in OS not..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.