My Panda antivirus has expired! what can I use as temp?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rainbow_08, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainbow_08

rainbow_08 Registered Member

:D Please someone tell me what I can use that is free to keep the nasties out until I renew my panda antivirus licence, that is compatible with Panda.
    Urgent!
    Much appreciate some help with this.
    Thanx.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

wow over a year according to your dupe post... well I would say Avast! or AVG.. but that's just my opinion.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

If you are interested in free AV's, Avast and AntiVir are good options.

However, since you are looking for a temporary solution, instead of looking at free AV's, why not simply download a trial version of one of the commercial AntiVirus programs which can be updated. These will give you better protection than the free alternatives.

Suggestions if you are staying with Panda;

1. Uninstall the old version and load up a trial copy of the newest version of PAV. BUT I am assuming here that the Panda trial version is updateable!

2. Try simply disabling the Real-time Monitor of Panda, then install a trial copy of an AV, such as NOD32.

You may, however, find taking a System Restore Point or using an imaging/roll-back program of help before installing a second AV.
    Overall, 2 AV's on the same machine may cause conflicts, even when one is only set up as an on-demand scanner. And the sequence of which AV is installed may also be relevant.

Unfortunately, I do not know which AV's are compatible with PAV but hopefully another member may.

BUT overall, the best option, apart from not using the Internet, may be to uninstall PAV, and then install another AV/trial copy of newer PAV by itself until your new license arrives.

4. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Registered Member

try usng avg ver7 free from grisoft.com. :)

5. Carver

Carver Guest

I would say Avast is the best free AV.

6. World Industries

World Industries Registered Member

Avast! Home Edition and AntiVir Personal Edition are both recomended if you are going to use a free anti-virus product. But only install one of them.

World Industries

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I have been like you... "well I'll run a freebie until I find a promo or I decide."

Ones I have used: AVG and Anti Viri. Slight edge in preference for me would be Anti Viri. ;)

8. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

I did the same thing when my Norton AV expired, I tried AVG & avast!. I liked avast! so much I stayed with it.

9. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I decided against using a free AV when my last one ran out. I installed the trial version of NOD32, just so I would have protection. I have done the same on other PC's with: F-Prot, AVG, Avast, Bitdefender....

I consider this period of time good because you can try several different AV's before you commit to one :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.