My Outpost Keeps blocking my Aol connection

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AnthonyG, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi i was wondering (well more hoping) you could help me, as for no apparant rhyme or reason my outpost 2.5 keeps blocking my aol broadband connection.

I swich off my internet connection then turn the machine off everything is fine, i get no error messages and no messages to block access to anything.

The next morining i turn on my pc and try to load up broadband and it says cant connect. I then disable outpost and it connects fine.

How do i stop it and how do i fix it. I have looked at the list of blocked applications and aol doesnt seem to be listed there. So how do i fix it.

Thanks

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Please check the Outpost logs (Blocked, Attack Detection, Component Control and Alerts Tracker sections) for any related entries and post the details.

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Yes according to these logs it is definitely blocking my aol connection.

I have to say i also do not know what this www.g7s.net is (do i have a browser hijacker on my machine?)

Can anyone help fix this, thanks

4. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello Anthony1uk

For a quick test please go to Options>Plug-ins setup>highlight DNS Cache and click on Stop. Reboot and try things now and please let us know how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.