My ip is not always secure with TOR... suggestions how to fix?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by zzenn, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzenn

zzenn Registered Member

If I use whatismyip.com, while browsing with TOR enabled I get another ip. So far so good.

If I join a chatroom in a java applet, still from within firefox with TOR, then my REAL ip shows up. Perhaps because the java applet uses another port? I should say that I have no control over which ports the java applet is using. It simply starts up and connects as soon as I visit the page where it is embedded.

Any suggestions how to fix this, so that my IP is secure even in the java chat?

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

That's why I use xerbank VPN. I want to be able to enjoy Java without worrying about revealing my IP. Well, that and I need something faster too. Have you considered using JanusVM? Evidently Java cannot reveal your true IP with it.

3. Jim Verard

Jim Verard Registered Member

This subject has been discussed many times here and it was explained that Java is actually bypassing browser settings. Speaking of Java only, the problem is you, not Tor.

You have to follow all steps described on this thread in order to not leak your true IP while using Tor.

De-anonymizing Tor and Detecting Proxies

It doesn't matter if you're using VPN, paid services, whatever. If you follow all my steps on that thread, you will be safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.