my internet connexion seems abit slow :(

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

my internet connexion seems abit slow, however, i hope it could be good news because networks are the thing i want to learn about most :)
    can someone suggest a program i can troubleshoot with? i have downloaded, but not installed yet - tesseract and AnalogX's HyperTrace i downloaded these with the purpose of learning and not troubleshooting. Nick S has suggested pingplotter can someone suggest what would be best to troubleshoot with . thanks :)

EDIT im going to install the 30 evaluation of Pingplotter. i'll have alook at it and try and post a graph. :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  2. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

connexion speed 174.16 Kbps (21.77 KBps) - from the test

type - ISDN USB ADSL PPP

connexion speed - 10MBPS
    MTU - 1500 bytes

have i missed anything out?

i dont think its spyware, its just been the last few days, the only thing i can think of right now is there was an Antivir Program update at the same time the connxion got slower. i have old HJT logs i can compare with, and im fairly familiar with my HJT logs too, so i'll take alook. thanks.

i have lost my connexion here afew times in the last half hour and from the first time AntiVir updated it's Def's after the Program update it has been slow.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i'll try it out, but i didnt explain this properly. the speed is fine most of the time, some of the time its abit slower then normal, and other times i just dont make a connexion. i dont think it is speed tests that i need to do. but log datagrams, packet transfers and ICMPs etc. over a period of hours/days

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

do you mean where it says " Some of the best Broadband tweaks and Speed patches on the Net " is that where i go? thanks :)

EDIT sorry i just re-read my first post, and i didnt really explain what the problem is.

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks MR P :)i did it, but it was just the port scan. then it said login or register free to take the speed tests. thanks for the help, but i dont like to do things like that at sites im not sure about, i went there because after reading your posts i dont think you'd do anything malicious, so thanks. but im going to install pingplotter, so it can collect data over a longer period of time.

ive never needed to troubleshoot over a network before, does anyone have any advice about packet loss, time-outs, analyzing protocols, ping, traceroute and the rest? i really only know the very basics - afew days reading :eek: so i dont want to start pinging people i shouldnt be. thanks :)

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks. did you notice the board was down for abit? i thought OMG ive really been cracked :'( .but i spoke to LWM because i was so frantic and the board was down. i'll have a look at the links, thanks :) . im definately going to install pingplotter too, i wanted it anyway. i'm going to have a cup of tea :D too much excitement for me.

9. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Attached Files:

10. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mine.... although I'm behind a router if it makes any difference...

Attached Files:

11. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

my times vary from about 0.05 - 0.01 probably normal speed. i installed Ping Plotter, im going to have a big complicated graph to show everyone :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.