My Internet Accelerator works better with IE than Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by flyted, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyted

flyted Registered Member

I like Firefox much better than the IE6 I'm now using, however, my ISP's accelerator works very well with IE but not Firefox. My question is, is there any equivalent to Firefox's FoxyProxy and other good security tools that I could use on IE? Also I'm still using IE6 since IE7 seemed to have some problems when it 1st came out and I wasn't interested enough to follow it to see if its actually better or not, stay withIE6 or upgrade to IE7. This situation sucks, but using Firefox on dial-up is just way to slow with all the security features. Any opinions? Thanks

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Have you tried the ImgLikeOpera firefox addon? It will make your web navigation much faster. Great addon for dial-ups.

Panagiotis

3. flyted

flyted Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. This is the 1st I've heard of this program. It seems to work a little differently than my accelerator which just speeds up images of websites I've been to before that are cached at my ISP account. And it does work very well. IMG seems to eith block all images, only images from that site or only cached images. Where does it get the cached images from? That seems to be a security issue if I understand it correctly, but this, if not exactly it, is very close to what I'm looking for as it will allow me to stay with Firefox. Can you tell me a little more about actual use of the product?

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

You are welcome. :)

No need to worry. The cached images are loaded directly from your browser cache and not from an external source.

You will have to play a bit to understand it's settings. As an example you can select as default settings:
    A. Default policy for new windows /tab = load all images

B.work with cache = forced expiration time (enabled) = 12 hours or 1 day or 3 days (wichever you prefer).
    [this means that if an image is in the browser cache it will not be refreshed until the amount of time you have selected].

C. you can use personalised filters for sites etc. (read the help for that).

D. It is handy to add the ImgLikeOpera button at firefoxe's tab; this way you can change the settings by clicking the button and you won't have to go through the settings every time.

hope it helps,
    Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.