My Experience

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rico, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi,

Got Acronis yesterday at Fry's. I was surprised that the box did not include a boot disk, as promised.

Registration of product (small detail) the example given shows xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx to enter serial number. when you follow the example, the SN needs two lines, which gives an error. Adjust the amount of characters per line to match, your example.

ProcessGuard and/or ZoneAlarm 6 required disableing before successful, installation. Perhaps i missed it but all applications should be closed. Also PG is a special case, which should be addressed, you guys are on the same forum

Prep my USB HD, delete old BU's, bleach free space. Drive to be backed up, run all scanners, virus, & trojan, delete old programs & temp files, defrag.

Fire Up True Image, say always permit to PG's questions regarding Acronis. Point c:*.* to F: - Wow! Very easy, very polished. I like the notes you can attach to the image BU.

Bottom line! Wonderful application!

Now you Acronians got talk to PG also I may purchase RegDefend so perhaps you should talk to them also!

Thanks & Very Happy Acronis User
    rico

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rico,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify when exactly this wrong example with four sections of digits instead of five appears? Do you see this wrong example during the installation process or when trying to register your software at our web site?

I'm asking this because when I go to my account and try to register any product the example given shows the following:

Please be careful while entering the number(s).
    Example: AAA11-BB22B-C33CC-44DDD-5EEE5

This serial number is correct, since it consists of five sections of digits.

Please also clarify what do you mean when saying that Process Guard "is a special case"? Please describe the problem in more words. Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi All

Process Guard is no special problem with Acronis True Image. However I always disable Process Guard for an install, and then just prior to reboot reenable PG and put it in learning mode. Reboot, and turn learning mode off. Also note, it is wise to disable process guard prior to doing an image. Otherwise the "dat" files of process Guard might not copy.

Likewise absolutely no problems with Regdefend.

Pete

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Alexey,

Note regarding registration, entering SN required removal of hypens between sets of digits. Otherwise WITH dash or hyphens inserted (matches example, on register page) the SN goes to two lines. Not enough space is given to record SN, so as to match the example.

PG was placed in LM (learning mode) & TrueImage would not install. Also ZA was turned off, & PA turned off for the install of True Image to successful. Next PG asked two or three times for permission, before allowing True Image to make an image.

See Peter2150's post regarding TrueImage & PG. This information & other relevant info regarding your product & others at this forum, could be added as a sticky, in your fourm. What will I run into (previously asked regarding RegDefend & True Image)

Also why was the "boot disk" not included in my commercial purchase of TrueImage?

Do you like Peter2150 suggests recommend turning off PG when doing an image. My first image i thing PG was on/active & I made an image. Should I consider this image not reliable? Should RegDefend be turned off prior to making an image...

Thanks Peter2150 & Alexey
    rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.