My Documents - files not displaying

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Firebytes, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Trying to find some information for a friend with a problem. Whenever he opens his "My Documents" folder the files in the folder do not show up. Only empty space in the window. He can however access the files stored in the folder by opening whatever program created the file. After clicking "Open" in the program he can browse to "My Documents" and the files of the type used by that program are visible. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Just an idea but has he set folder options to show hidden files

Control Panel / Folder Options / View / Select show hidden files and folders

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

4. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I wouldn't think the files in his "My Documents" folder would be hidden files since the files he is looking for are files created by him while using different programs (word docs, etc). So even if he didn't have the folder view set to show hidden files I would think they would still show up. However, I will check with him to be sure if this is the case or not.

I will also check with him on deleteing his icon cache and letting Windows rebuild it to see if that is his problem.

Thanks for your suggestions :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.