My dial-up connections got error w registry cleaner..

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was confused. When I used the trial verison of Ace Utilities and tried the Registry cleaner functions and "selectively deletes" only those that I think are invalids then after that when I restart I could not connect anymore to my dial-up connection. All I got is error report which says -all devices are connected could not connect to dial-up". And then I tried system restore to restore previously just before I used Ace Utilities, but still could not connect, then tried ERUNT still the same. But then I restored registry entries deleted w Ace Utilites and after restart I can connect again to my net dial-up. :cautious:

What are the possible entries that I have "touched" in the registry cleaner features that I got error and couldn't connect to my dial-up connections anymore? :rolleyes: o_O It also happens when I use Privacy Mantra. This didn't happen w other registry cleaner I used...:blink: :p

Why is it that system restore and ERUNT couldn't even "returned" that deleted settings of the deleted entries of the Ace utilities registry cleaner, and I have to only used Ace Utilities to returned that entries? o_O :gack:

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Post a log from AU. Otherwise imo dump AU. I used AU a long long time ago. I dumped it for similar too aggressive cleanings. I suggest a switch to TuneUp Utilities 2006. I've had no problems with TU ever.

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    But TuneUp Utilities 2006 is expensive for a registry cleaner. Aside from that I don't need their other functionalities in my pc as I have already tweak them using many available free programs in the net. :D

But, users comments in download.com sounds very convincing. :cautious:

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    OK it's just that TU is the most fool proof registry cleaner I know. Free alternatives that are almost as good imo are RegSeeker & RegCleaner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.