My computer problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chaos16, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

A family member of mine has a problem with there computer.

when i go to my computer the windows opens but takes ages to show the c drive etc... it stays with the torch for longer than a minute?

can anyone help?

as well when i go to my documents a i click on it address bar it takes ages to open.

it all works in the end but takes ages.

everything else works fine.

The security they have is NORTON antivirus 2005 and zonealarm pro. ONly thoughs are the realtime protection they got.

Could it be a trojan or some kind of malaware?

If yes can u convince them that norton antivirus brings load of problems and to use kaspersky?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

first off if the comp is that slow, u might not want KAV. better get ZASS if they want an all-in-one, or nod32 for a light AV. also run a scan with NAV and use some online scanners too like ewido and bitdefender. if theres nothing, run a disk defragmentation overnight. also before that run ccleaner to clear out some junk files and registry entries.

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

the computer is not slow they got 1gb of ram.

the only things thats slow is my computer and my documents when u click on the address bar.

and i am thinking if its a malaware that kaspersky will remove it most probably (kaspersky stands a better chance compared to all other antiviruses)

Norton antivirus 2005 doesn't pick up anything at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.