My comp keeps infected by "cydoor" again and again??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by terry_tee, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terry_tee

terry_tee Guest

I don't know what's "cydoor"
    It all happen when my internet gone crazy, I thought it was just the server's problem but it's been many days. (I connect to the internet but whenever I go to a website it says cannot find server?) I took a virus scan with norton but no virus found, and then I took a sypbot s & D scan and found a spyware/adware(dunno), "cydoor". I remove it and my internte problems are over. But then again, at the next day, when I took a scan again, my comp is infected by "cydoor" again.
    Can I ask something, why am I keep being infected? I mean..I have spyware blaster and spybot s & d and SG install, and I already immunize in spybot s & d, my comp can't be infected again, right?..
    Next question, what is "cydoor"? what does it do?

2. dog

dog Guest

3. dog

dog Guest

4. mccarob

mccarob Registered Member

Sorry to butt in. :p

But I can tell you Cydoor also typically comes with iMesh, so if you happen to be re-installing that program, you are re-infecting yourself. Also, you used to be able to remove Cydoor via Add/Remove programs (however you will need a network connection active at the time so you ca fill out an exit survey).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.