My comment (Question on Company)

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by dallen, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Sorry about this, but you locked the thread before I got a chance to put my two cents in after all the good stuff was said(which is probably best because when I voice my opinion on the issue the thread gets locked immediately).
    _0__0_,
    If you consider that I bought this software around a year ago and have been listening to comments from DCS about the highly anticipated TDS-4 ever since, you may conclude that TDS is guilty of doing exactly what you explain in your note. They essentially pushed the release of TDS-4 prematurely for the purpose of generating revenues. Can't fault them for wanting the revenues, just question the ethics behind there methods. Why do you respect a company for keeping its customers out of the communication loop? Isn't the respectable thing for a company to do is to be as open and honest with their customers as possible, encouraging TWO-WAY communication?
    LowWaterMark,
    How rediculous does this sound? I mean come on...the thread was removed because answers were provided...give me a break. Shouldn't answers be provided and information allowed to flow freely. Threads should be closed and removed for one reason and one reason only. Violation of the Terms Of Service and forum rules. Any thread that is closed and/or removed for reasons that are not covered in the rules of the forum undermines the integrity of the forum. Furthermore, if anything this brings to light the inadequacies of the forum rules. Maybe a paragraph should be added to the rules that restricts anyone from saying anything that any administrator feels is not to their liking.
    Blaze,
    I didn't think you were such a player...how many x girlfriends are we talkin' about here? :cool:

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Dallen,

No offense intended, but this is merely a presumption - no more and no less. Let's get things straight here: people are buying TDS3 simply because of the quality of this software as it is at this very moment. The fact DCS has decided to provide an upgrade for free to the next version is in fact an extra bonus - and very unusual in the software market for that matter. Turning this rare extra bonus into a discutable marketing ploy is in fact putting the world upside down.

Ethics do not come into play here. Read my comment right above.

Well, let's respect a company for promising an upgrade for free for starters. Most companies do charge their customers for brand new versions. Looks like you are turning this rare extra bonus into a totally uncalled for direction: respect.

As for "two-way comminucation": the DCS forums are a perfect example of this; read all threads and posts.

Hope you don't mind my person addressing this.

Consider this our rights to interfere in case of "objectionable content" as mentioned in our TOS:

We have the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

Although this issue has nothing to do in any way with DCS and their products: on the contrary. See my comment right above.

No need for that. We have formulated our TOS the way it is for good reasons. Administrators can and will apply the TOS whenever they feel it's needed - the same goes for Global Moderators, coming with an explanation. In case anyone disagrees with such a decision, s/he's free to contact Administrator(s) using IM our email; we are always open for discussion. That said: in the end it's up to us to make a final decision. A common way to go on fairly all boards.

Finally: it's impossible to formulate everything possible in a TOS. In case something should come up that isn't covered in the TOS, it's up to the Administrators to act as they feel fit.

In closing: you have had your possibility to express you opinion by starting this particular thread, although the original one has been closed. We have answered to issues you've brought up. This is as far as it goes. This thread has been closed, and new one(s) started on the same subject will be removed. DCS has the right to re-open it in case they feel the need to comment on the DCS part.

regards.

paul

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Just to clarify, it was the "such information" that was the important part of that statement. The information that was requested and some answers that were given involved personal information about the employees of DCS. It was upon reflection regarding that personal information that made us think better of it. That information being present in the thread, combined with what had turned into an overly heated discussion about whether it was proper to even ask and answer such questions, was why the thread was removed. If it had been support or product information, not personal information, then that would have okay, but we have no obligation to allow the free flowing of personal information here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.