My browser opened up without my reauest while opening a truecrypt contained

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by caspian, Dec 17, 2014.

1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I run a portable version of virtual box from with a truecrypt container. As soon as I opened the TC container and clicked on virtualbox, *something* opened Firefox on on my host machine with this page.

http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/

I did not request this. Flagfox showed the ip address as http://216.34.181.96/.
    I typed in that ip in a new tab and got this..

It said that TC is no longer safe and that I should immediately move to bitlocker.
    WTF??

What the hell is going on? First of all, I did not ask for anyone to monitor my computer activity or offer suggestions. Who would be watching my computer activity to see if I was using truecrypt and then try to coerce me into switching to bit locker? And secondly. I have heard this story about truectpt not being safe and that we all must immediately switch over to bitlocker. .....offering zero specific details as to why, other than just some vague statement that it is not safe. WTFo_O is going on here?

My thoughts on TC are that if it has been compromised then all kinds of people would be busted, like the woman who was accused of financial fraud, and so many others.Who the hell is watching my computer and opening my browser?This is completely unacceptable!@

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

4. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

If you accidentally hit F1 with the window active it would launch a browser to the homepage. Or like simplicity said trying to hit the X!

5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Thanks guys. That makes perfect sense and I bet that;s exactly what I did.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.