My 30 day trial lasted 3 days

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by paulw1, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

I have just reloaded Win XP SP3 into my main PC. Before I did this I had NOD32 V3.0 licensed copy installed. After I installed Win XP rather than use the 8 month old installer I went and downloaded the latest NOD32 from ESET site and installed. All was well for about 3 days then I got an error saying that the user name and password were invalid when it updated.. I check the username and password areas and the trial info had gone, blank. I then loaded my normal registration info and was is well but I wonder why the trial info vanished. Anyone know?? If I was a first time trier I would not have been impressed and would have gone onto some other worse product..

2. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi!

trial version are working as expected. If you have a license i suggest use it.

thanks for using ESET!

3. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

A 30 day trial to expire after 3 days is not working as expected!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

5. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

This is the file I downloaded eav_nt32_enu.msi . It's 17.497 meg in size . I see the one in your link is 17.1meg .. When I installed it I did see the eval user and password were present and it did work for a couple of days..

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The EAV trial version does not have any username/password included. Most likely you've installed it over a full version. Please uninstall the version you have currently installed and download & install the trial version from the link I provided.

7. paulw1

paulw1 Registered Member

NO. It was a new install. Oh well not to loose any sleep over it. Many thanx for your replies.. Still think that NOD32 is the best AV product around..

8. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

v4 beta is free if you want a "trial".

9. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I don't think that's what the OP is after :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.