My 200 Gig now only 128 Gig !!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Xennon, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xennon

Xennon Registered Member

:mad:
    I am running TI 8 b921 and Windows 2000 Pro

I installed a WD 200 Gig drive to hold backups only and once installed in 2000, I formatted it into 1 single 200 Gig partition.

Next I decided to set TI 8 to use this drive as its "Secure Zone" - that's when strange things began to happen. Going through the wizard, the 1st thing I saw was that TI detected the drive as 128 Gig NOT 200 Gig. I didn't worry about it because I assumed it was just a display bug.

Moving on in the wizard to where I actually select the drive, TI now reports that the drive's capacity is 186 Gigs - which is correct if 1K = 1024 bytes.

Anyway, I then move on to the next screen where I get the option to choose the size of the secure zone and I'm presented a slider that goes from around 30 Megs (I think) to 124.6 Gigs with the handle sitting in the center. Again - strange that I did not have the full capacity available.

I decided to mover the silder to MAX (124.6Gb) and proceeded to create the secure zone.

Once complete, Windows "Disk Manager" now reports that the drive is 128 Gig with one partition devoted to Acrtonis. Strange - I only set the secure zone to 124 Gigs - I should still have around 60 Gigs unallocated.

I decided to reclaim the secure zone and try it all again. Reclaiming the secure zone worked fine EXCEPT the whole drive is now only seen as a 128 Gig drive. Nothing seems to see it as the 200 Gig that it is except the drive testing software (DOS app) from Western Digital.

My query -
    (1) Does TI 8.921 support HDD's > 128 Gig (Apparently not) o_O
    (2) Now that Acronis as screwed my drive down to 128 Gig, how do I get it back to 200 Gig as it should be. o_O
    (3) Did I do something wrong in setting up a secure zone on a drive that's larger than TI can handle? o_O

I suspect there is some way to tell windows that the drive is 200 Gig - by deleting an entry in the registry but I cannot remember what that entry is. It would force windows to re-examine the drive and presumably read it correctly.

Acronis may have written something the the drive platters directly - I hope not, and if so how do I reset it back??

PLEASE HELP - THIS IS URGENT - I NEED THIS DRIVE BACK AS A 200 Gb :mad:

Please B/C any assistance to my email - here

2. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Registered Member

I have no idea if this connected, but see my thread 'Disappearing image' of a couple of days ago: I tried to create an image on my 160gb external drive. It failed, there was no evidence of a .tib file, but the size of my drive was reduced by the size of the missing file. The only way I could recover my missing 75gbs was to format the drive. (Acronis Technical Support are currently helping me resolve this).

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xennon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Could you please send Acronis Report to support@acronis.com along with the name of the product you use: is it Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server or Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation? Please send the letter from the e-mail address you mentioned in your post. To create the Acronis Report please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.