My 1st MBAM V1.45 Glitch

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by twl845, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Since upgrading to V1.45 PRO when clicking on a link, I sometimes get a blank page saying something like site not available, it could be down try later. I know the site isn't really down so I deduced it might be MBAM. I right clicked the System tray icon and disabled Protection. Problem solved. After I accessed my link, I reactivated Protection. WTF It's always something. I had already unchecked IP protection when I installed it. My OP already has it. Does anyone know a way to eliminate the above glitch? Thanks for any response. :)

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i agree it seems like the website blocker blocks things in the websites like ad or other things that cause a website to not work thus having to disable it for a time being.

sucks i know.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Brocke, I had Malicious Website Blocking deselected.(IP Protection.)

4. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hi,

twl845, I think you better off disable IP Protection on MBAM since [looking at your signature at the bottom of your post] you seem to be running Avast! 5.0 which has already Http--scanner built in and might conflict with MBAM.

Besides, you are also running Outpost firewall which includes a bad IP blocking feature.

Too many applications running and doing exactly the same thing. My advise, for the time being is to go ahead and disable MBAM IP protection. I think if you have MBAM only for real time scanning [monitoring] it should protect your PC from any Rogue AV installer that you might download by accident.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Carlos

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi Carlos, I am going to revert MBAM back to it's Free set up. This PRO version has been a pain in the rear since I bought it. I will re-instate SAS as my real time monitor as it was previously. Thanks for responding.
    P.S. You say Outpost FW has a bad IP blocking feature. Do you mean good bad, or bad bad?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  6. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hi,

My apoligies. I did not clarify myself so well when I stated Opost firewall bad IP blocker [paid version, I believe]. What I meant was that Outpost FW has a feature that apparently blocks malicious IPs/Domains form being accessed just like MBAM pro does.

I hope this clarified your question.

Regards,

Carlos

7. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Hi,

In outpost pro firewall under settings, you have the option of using IP blocklist and you can download and import the list from this update and use it in outpost.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=264557

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

OK thanks. I've been using that feature in OP. :)

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi Mul, Yes I've been using that option and down loading the list when available. Thanks for that info. :)

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

That's what I did, two days ago when the long-awaited v1.45 was released. Some irony in that, for sure.

As much as I like MBAM Pro, it causes sluggishness when I run it (much more so on one pc than on the other).
    I believe that there is in fact an issue with avast!, and I'd rather keep avast! and its shields running.
    I've had intermittent problems with scheduled scans.
    One computer was giving me BSODs, which have stopped since I removed MBAM's real-time components.

I'll keep it as an on-demand scanner, but as of this new build, I am not running it real-time. As for reverting back to the free version, even when unchecking the 'start with windows' feature and the IP blocking feature, a process still loads (due to having registered the program, I suppose), and I didn't want that, so I uninstalled then re-installed and did not enter licensing info.

For me, it must have been a case of too many real-time cooks spoiling the security stew... my fault, not MBAM's. :)

11. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

When I uninstalled, I checked my registry cleaner and found no remnants, and checked Windows Explorer under programs to make sure it was all gone. Then I re-installed my v1.44.exe to find that it was still recognized as the paid version with the Protection off. There must be a file in Windows that saves the register info. I checked Autorun and found MBAM still entered to start on boot up. I unchecked the radio box. Now it won't start until I click the desktop shortcut.

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

To make sure I have fully removed something, after uninstall I run 2-3 different registry cleaners. Then, depending on how much I want to make sure it is gone, I manually search the registry and delete any entries that pertain to the old program. (I back up the registry with ERUNT first ;) )

I noticed you installed v1.44. That will upgrade to 1.45 on first update, won't it? When I reinstalled, I just went with 1.45.

So now you're good, right? As far as being back to using MBAM as on-demand only?

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I had the .exe saved in "My Downloads" so rather than go to the site I just used that. As soon as the MBAM install was finished, it updated to V1.45 automatically. As far as I can tell I have no problems now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.