MX Linux MX-18 Continuum - Time x Space x Fun

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Behold. A long, thorough, enthusiastic review of MX Linux MX-18 Continuum, a Debian-based distribution with Xfce desktop, tested in a multi-boot Windows and Linux configuration on a laptop with Intel graphics, covering live session, installation and post-install use, including look & feel, network support - Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing, printing, multimedia support - HD video and MP3 playback, smartphone support - Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, partitioning, live session data changes import, package management & updates, applications and extras, MX Tools, hardware compatibility, suspend & resume, resource usage, super-fast performance and responsiveness, battery usage, customization, small issues and glitches, other observations, and more. Have fun.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/mx-18-lenovo.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. guest

guest Guest

Nice, thanks. I used to use Xubuntu on a low-end machine, will try it when I have time. Any noticeable resources usage differences between the two?

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I installed MX-18 a few weeks ago when it came out and was amazed at how nice it is. I have a very old (9 years old) Asus laptop with a core 2 duo which often struggles a bit with HD video on my 24" monitor, but somehow the MX people have given me just outstanding excellent video quality in MX-18 that I just can't get out of any other distro. Smooth, clean, I honestly don't know how they do it, but it's fantastic. At least on my machine anyway. And I really like everything else in this distro too. MX-18 has now become my favorite, hands down...

4. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

I've been running MX-17 (now upgraded to MX-18 ) in VirtualBox for several months. I like it - but I still prefer Manjaro KDE for sure.

5. korben

korben Registered Member

summerheat - my man! same story, same vibes

Yet I have been intrigued by those reviews that have been coming from the author code name Mrk

Perhaps one day I'll give MX a spin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.