MX Linux MX-17 Horizon - Shaping up beautifully

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Distro distro, can't you see I'm burning burning. Here we have a long, thorough, extremely enthusiastic review of MX Linux MX-17 Horizon, a Debian-based distribution with Xfce desktop, covering live session, installation in a dual-boot configuration on a laptop with Nvidia graphics and post-install use, including look & feel, fonts, network support - Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing, Samba and Wireless printing, multimedia support - HD video and MP3 playback, smartphone support - Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, partitioning, live session data changes import, package management & updates, applications and extras, MX Tools and MX Tweak, proprietary drivers, webcam, hardware compatibility, stability, suspend & resume, resource usage, stunning performance and responsiveness, battery usage, customization, some small issues and glitches, other observations, and more. Enjoy.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/mx-17.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

What an excellent Distro this one is :thumb:

It makes sense on a 16:9 monitor, mine (Xfce as well) is vertical too.

Not randomly I bet. I use separators on my panel to organize it to my liking.

Screenshot_2018-01-13_21-03-04.png

Thanks for the review, thorough as usual.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.