Mustang’s Ver 9 BART Plugin – RPC Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TheWeaz, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

“You just need to follow the notes in the help file to get past this error”

OK, I can’t seem to find the help file. Where the heck is it so I can get past this error? Probably right under my nose, but it's been a long day. :blink:
    TIA

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello TheWeaz,

The help file is TrueImage9.htm located in the TrueImage9 folder. Just double click it. You can also see it by running pebuilder.exe. Then click on the "Plugins" button. Highlight "Acronis True Image 9" in the list of plugins. Then click on the "Help" button.

Good luck,
    mustang

3. TheWeaz

Well, it must be one of those days, but I see nothing to help with the "RPC server is unavailable" error. I was looking for this:

“If anyone can help with the RPC Server not available error that pops up on most operations, that would be great. (You just need to follow the notes in the help file to get past this error.)”

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi TheWeaz,

The previous versions of Mustang's TrueImage9.htm help file made specific reference to the "RPC Server Not Available" error message. The .htm help file has since been amended, I believe, to reflect the fact the work around now only applies to the Nu2Shell version of the PE builder. However, in doing so, Mustang has removed the specific reference to the RPC Server error message. See extract from the current .htm file below:

Mustang - Please correct me if i'm barking up the wrong tree!!

Regards

5. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello TheWeaz,

Actually, the RPC Server error has been eliminated in the latest version of my TI9 plugin. Have you downloaded the latest version from my website?

If you have downloaded the latest version and are still getting the RPC Server error, it is an indication the Acronis Scheduler 2 service is not running properly. You can check that service in the BartPE environment by opening a command prompt. Enter "net start AcrSch2Svc" without the quotes. You should see a message saying the service has already been started. If you get an error saying the service could not be started, there is a problem. In addition, the file schedhlp.exe must be executed for the service to work properly. That should get run at boot by the AutoRun0_StartAcrSvc.cmd. If the AcrSch2Svc sevice is started and you are still getting the RPC Server error, try double clicking the schedhlp.exe file from a file manager program. If any of this applies with the latest version of the plugin, please let me know and I will try to figure out why you are having the problem.

mustang

6. TheWeaz

Hi Mustang,

Yes, I have the latest version. The schedul2.exe task is NOT running, the schedhlp.exe IS running as is TrueImageMonitor. I tried a number of ways to get schedul2 running (not by your method however) to no avail.
    I do not have access to my TI Version 9 box now, but I will try on the Version 8 box (if that will work) and see what happens.

One last thought before I run off to a meeting – Do you need to start the network services when booting from the Bart CD? I have been selecting NO.

7. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello TheWeaz,

You do not have to start network services. I have tested that way with no problem.

Did you run the TI9-Get_Files+Lic.cmd from the TI8 box? If you did, it could explain the RPC Server error.

Could you please ley me know some information about your BartPE build? What version of BartPE are you using? What version of Windows are you using for the source files (WinXP/SP2 W2K3 Server)? What shell are you using (Nu2Shell XPE)? The out of the box BartPE uses the Nu2Shell.

What error message do you get when you enter "net start AcrSch2Svc" without the quotes from a command prompt?

If you are using the Nu2Shell, could you please try using XPE. Links for the XPE plugin and the ReatogoXPE package are included in the help file.

mustang

8. TheWeaz

“Did you run the TI9-Get_Files+Lic.cmd from the TI8 box?”
    No, everything from downloading on was done on the Ver 9 box.

“What version of BartPE are you using?”
    3.110A

“What version of Windows are you using for the source files (WinXP/SP2 W2K3 Server)?”
    Win XP Pro B w/SP1

“What shell are you using”
    I’m guessing Nu2Shell? There was a nu2menu task running, if that helps.

“What error message do you get when you enter "net start AcrSch2Svc"
    The dependency service or group failed to start

“If you are using the Nu2Shell, could you please try using XPE”
    OK, as soon as I figure it all out. o_O

9. TheWeaz

By the way, the Windows source files were the install CD.

10. Menorcaman

Again, I'm sure Mustang will correct me if I'm wrong :)) ) but, as far as I'm aware, Reatogo+XPE requires Windows XP Home/Pro plus SP2 (you have SP1).

Regards

11. b_k

b_k Registered Member

i dont see a problem there. BTW: i just happened to try the TrueImage V9 Plugin with BartPE and XPE (source was SP2, iso was built on a SP1 machine). But, maybe i did not receive an error, cause i don't have the latest release of Ti9 installed on my workstation.

12. TheWeaz

My box running TI Ver9 has SP2, but I do not have a Windows install CD with SP2. I was using an install CD that only has SP1. I did not know if I could point somewhere on the HD (with SP2) to get the files needed to create the Bart CD.

13. Menorcaman

I'll have to pass on that one I'm afraid but, for sure, Mustang will have the answer.

Regards

14. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Well, you could use your original install CD with Autostreamer to create an install CD with SP2. Autostreamer is here: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562. Then you will have an SP2 source for Reatgo. You will also need to download the full SP2 file from Microsoft here: http://tinyurl.com/7xthn and put it in a folder on your harddrive. When you run Autostreamer you will get a .iso file that you can burn to CD with SP2 integrated. You can use that CD as a source for Reatgo.

Here's some instructions for slipstreaming SP2 from Reatgo:http://www.reatogo.de/Auto-Streamer.htm

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  15. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello TheWeaz,

Using WinXP/SP1 for the source disk is definitely the problem. It does not matter what is installed on the system you are building from. As it stands now, my plugin depends on using a SP2 source. I have just been playing around with trying to modify it to be SP1 friendly. So far no luck. I was able to get past the RPC Server error using SP1. I just closed the RPC Server error box, opened the A43 file manager, and navigated to B:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts. Then double clicked the script in the right hand pane. When the window opens looking for TrueImageService.exe browse to your CD drive letter for BartPE\Programs\TrueImage9\Common Files\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe and hit OK. That should run the script and start the operation.

The best thing for you to do is upgrade to a SP2 source disk. thomasjk has just posted the easiest way to do it.

All of the errors and workarounds can be eliminated if you use the ReatogoXPE package with a SP2 source disk. Thanks for your help in getting this issue resolved.

mustang

16. TheWeaz

"thomasjk has just posted the easiest way to do it"
    The process is underway as we speak (or, type!) :D

17. TheWeaz

The slipstreamed SP2 CD is done. I won't have access to the TI Ver9 box until later tonight. I will then recreate the BartPE CD and see what happens.

18. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello TheWeaz,

Very good. It should all go as described in the help file from here.

mustang

19. TheWeaz

OK – Recreated the BartPE CD and all is well.

The only issue I had (and IIRC, it was to be expected) was when the progress window popped up, nothing happened; the task did not start. I closed that window, went to the RamDrive and doubled clicked on the task script. The task began and ran to good EOJ.

Thanks to all for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.