Must read on Aluria

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

ron
    what is whenu.i have never heard of it?Is it considered rogue spyware?
    Rita

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Thanks Ron
    I'll read it .
    Rita

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Ron
    I understand now.thanks for link,interesting reading
    Rita

6. steverio

steverio Registered Member

Geeze....people digging a grave already. o_O I have had Aluria's ASE for quite awhile and don't see they need to be buried. I prefer to hold back and see what Aluria has to say. This will all eventually come out in the wash. Then we can all decide.

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Damn... might as well prosecute aluria in court for doing this.
    Now they are gonna release a anti-spyware product, but that anti-spyware product is a spyware product itself.

Aluria deserves a hard kick in their !@# for doing this.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  8. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Ronjor,

That's a really good link, people should also go on to the dslreports link that Tom Coyote talks about. The plot does really thicken after that!

It goes on to point out that Aluria can't flag WhenU, so, if Aluria can't flag WhenU, then someone like Claria could argue that THEY should not be flagged as ad/spyware, and then it could be Gator or WeatherBug, until your computer will be filled with ads, cookies and who knows what! Because they can't convince me they are just going to put ads on your progs, they won't settle for that.

They also talk about how your favorite anti-ad/spyware prog could be accused of unfair practices for flagging any of these new phony anti-ad/spyware on their scans - So where would it stop?

AOL users will be the testers on this, I can't imagine how a computer can even run with AOL and friends on it!

There are so many implications to this bad "Beauty and the Beast" story, that it boggles the mind.

It is a real shame - there is also talk about "ratings" of different adware because of this - So get ready for a whole new slew of progs!

Why some people are just not happy until they are intefering or ruining someone 's day is a continuing mystery to me? Don't they ever get tired of gaming all the time? GAMERS - don't answer that!! :D

Cheers!

Marja:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.