Music File Upload

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by GlobalForce, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi All,

I 've been looking around for a way to achieve an "audio share."
    Could someone direct me to a simple free way to upload a music file that I could safely share through a link here on the forum. I'm pretty sure I've seen this done with AngelFire. Not being too familiar with the subject, I'm not really sure how
    to go about getting this done.

I'm thinking wav.file 4 universal appeal. Would this be the best file type 4 dial-up or is that irrelevant.
    Can dial-up buffer this well enough to play through? Thoughts....

TIA,
    GF

2. GlobalForce

lol, Mr.P! :D

The Mission : I don't have a website, and I'd rather not reveal the title but....I desire 2 upload somewhere and b able
    2 link 2 it from Wilder's, safely. ;) I know I can offer it as a direct download file, but not here....it's an unallowed file type.

Haven't had the need till now....
    n thanks for the input. :cool:

GF

3. GlobalForce

Weeeell not x-act-lee TS lol. :D

My ISP dus offer free webspace, but it's a particular I'd like 2 share here and don't really feel like mess'in around with
    it at the moment. Owl take a look c @ those links Mr.P n c if I can accomplish my goals....kinda on a time limit!

N thanks 4 taking the time 2 provide those links.
    I'm not the only 1 who knows ur OK Mr.P :cool:

Owl keep u posted.... ;)

GF

PS - Just catching ur latest post....n though it sounds like a great ideer....I agree n lets keep it on the level. As far as renaming a suspect file....that is quite a valid concern, only cause I'm unaware how safety is maintained here on the
    Wilder's server.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, we have the limit on specific file extensions defined for a reason, and renaming a file in order to bypass the limits and upload it here is a no, no. ;)

5. GlobalForce

Thanks for the commentary LWM....which I know is a no, no. :p
    Appreciate the creative thinking there Mr.P, hey n we know u tried lol.... ;)

GF

6. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi GF -

this may be way off the mark, but why not use a conventional p2p network? While it may be dangerous to download unknown files couldn't there be an MD5 or other file authentification included? Or is the idea not to have to have p2p installed.

it may be a lame suggestion, but has been in my head because sometimes I have a large file that I cannot email because of the size, and have just wondered if this would work. Just putting it out there...

- HandsOff

7. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

8. GlobalForce

Thanks there 4 ur input and putting it out there HandsOff. ;) U know I don't get this urge often, but something I'd like 2 share....

Mr.P's on the right track lol suggesting the dangers of sharing this type of medium as a remote link here on the forum....
    my initial intent being safety 1st.

I'd rather NOT think about the repercussions lol....... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks again guys,
    GF

PS - I've run into a few other concerns that r going to deny me, :doubt: lee-gal-ih-tees!

PSS - Thanks for ur addition fred22 but ezshare still doesn't get around the ethics of my purpose.
    UsendIt sounds like it would work for HandsOff on a personal 1-2-1 basis....but not what I had in mind.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.