Multiple XP's on one disk?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Colossus, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colossus

Colossus Registered Member

Hi,

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to multiple boot systems, so forgive me if I'm asking an obvious question. I currently have two hard drives - the first has an installation of XP in a single partition. The second (slave) drive has four partitions, the first of which also has XP installed. OS Selector detects both copies of XP, and allows me to boot from either - so far so good. I then used Disk Director to copy the XP partition on the slave drive to the second partition, so I now have two copies of XP on the slave. But OS Selector does not detect the new copy of XP. I copied the partition as Primary, not Logical - so what am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Colossus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that you should add the appropriate record for the new copy of operating system to the boot.ini file of your original operating system.

Please take a look at this article describing how to edit the boot.ini file.

After that please use the the Tools->OS Detection Wizard of Acronis OS Selector.

If you still experiencing this problem then please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  3. Colossus

Colossus Registered Member

Thanks for your quick response - worked like a charm.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Colossus,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.