Multiple Trojan/Virus Problem

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Prophet1962, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prophet1962

Prophet1962 Registered Member

Don't know where else to put this. Trying to rescue my in-laws Dell Optiplex 745, winxp pro. They were running a Norton program from 2002! I get there and the monitor is just flashing. Virus, trojan, adware, etc. I uninstall Norton put on AVG and A2. Come back with multiple trojans and viruses. Try to heal or quarantine on both programs and restart the system.

System comes back up: Internet Explorer is gone completely, can't connect to Firefox, can't drag and drop with the mouse --- won't let me troubleshoot or check mouse properties --- system freezes up. They were using DSL, can't get a connection at all. Thought I could put important files on to an external hard drive and then use the restore disc to reinstall everything, but won't recognize the hard drive and can't use windows explorer to drag and drop to save on disc. Also tried a direct system restore using the installed program, get error that says "system restore is not able to protect your computer, please restart machine and try again." No such luck there either.

Major problem here?

P.S. They did not have Hijack This or CW shredder or anything like that to check logs. Is there a way to get some control back through registry manipulation?

Please advise, anybody.

Thanks in advance.

Peace

Prophet

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Prophet1962,

Sounds like a mess. I would advise you to post at one of the forums in this link and you will get some one on one help with your computer problems.

3. Prophet1962

Prophet1962 Registered Member

Thanks for the links Ron. Appreciate the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.