Multiple real-time anti-malware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JBob555, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBob555

JBob555 Registered Member

Is it ok to run Prevx 3 and Counterspy v3 in real-time? Is this not recommended? I also am using NIS 2010. o_O

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

It may work. The trick is to find multiple software (layered approach) that don't conflict. Prevx 3 seems to get along with all other software I have tried. I have not used either NIS or Counterspy though.

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Not the best idea IMO.

NIS 2010 should be enough for real-time protection.

If you want to invest, I'd suggest getting a good imaging setup.
    A good but long read: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=252253

4. curious george

curious george Registered Member

There seems to be a slight conflict with sandboxie and safeonline though. Maybe it was just me...but the browser kept crashing. I read about it somewhere else, where jaws options had to be enabled, but even then, it was rather weird.

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

IMO Fly had it spot on.

There's a thing in computing (and life in general) known as the law of diminishing returns.That is a point at which any possible security benefits from installing additional applications are outweighed by the accompanying degradation in performance/stability.The key is to find the correct balance.Piling on multiple AV/AS apps will,at best offer a marginal increase in detection and at worst slow your system to an unstable crawl.

Far better to go down the route of complimentary security products,such as Sandboxie,alongside a good backup/imaging strategy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.